Men’s Health: What Men & Women Should Know
Men’s Health Month is all about making men aware of their potentially preventable health problems and encouraging them to visit the doctor, at least annually. The key word is preventable—men (as do women) need to be proactive and conscious of their potential health risks. Health problems affect all surrounding loved ones; it truly is a family matter.
The Top Health Risks For Men:
- Heart Disease
- Lung Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
- Depression & Suicide
- Erectile Dysfunction (potentially a symptom of other issues)
Warning Signs & Symptoms for Men:(Please consult with your doctor, or encourage the man in your life to, if any of the following happens.)
- Changes in bowel or bladder functions: Blood in the urine is as serious as frequent urination, which could be a sign of inflammation or an enlarged prostate. Also, changes in the color of urine or stool may be a warning sign.
- Impotence or erectile dysfunction: Erectile problems are typically secondary symptoms of a much more serious health problem. This issue could be an early warning sign of diabetes, heart disease or high cholesterol.
- Unusual or persistent symptoms: Changes in warts or moles, unusual lumps, reoccurring chest pains or headaches and unexplained weight loss could all be symptoms of other serious health problems and should be checked out by a physician immediately.
- Depression: Men are four times more likely to succeed in their attempts of suicide, making suicide the seventh leading cause of death in men. Consider these 4 questions:
- Having trouble sleeping?
- Feeling sad, empty or helpless?
- Taking unusual risks or acting recklessly?
- Lost interest in hobbies or activities that were once enjoyed?
Consult a doctor immediately if there is a health issue. Taking immediate action on potential health problems could mean the difference between a minor complication and one that manifests into something much more serious.
OUR MISSION IS YOUR HEALTH
If you need help affording your prescriptions, download a free Watertree Health Prescription Discount Card or request a card be mailed to you. It provides significant discounts on almost all recommended medications (brand and generic). Most experts agree, taking your medicines as prescribed improves overall health and wellbeing and lowers cost of health care for everyone.
Instructions and Disclaimer: The content on this website is designed for informational purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitute for informed medical advice or care. You should not use this information to diagnose or treat any health problems or illnesses. Always consult your healthcare provider with any questions or concerns you might have regarding your health.
Tell us if this was helpful and let us know what other topics you might like to see us cover in our blog.
Get your Prescription Discount Card now and start saving up to 80% on the medications you use every day!